February 13, 2012

Bikram 10-day Challenge: Day 8

Today's schedule didn't allow for anything other than the 6 AM Bikram class.

Yup, discipline is definitely one of the benefits of this challenge. I put myself to bed early and woke at 5:30 to fit in today's class.

It was tough to get out of bed at that hour, but I was rewarded with a pleasant experience -- the room wasn't too warm when I showed up, so I warmed up slowly with the room. I took it relatively easy, but made sure to complete all of the poses. I pushed through both camels in the full posture, which isn't something I've done thus far. Overall, this was the least uncomfortable and easiest experience I've had with the series.

And then, it was 7:30 and I was ready to start my day.

5 comments:

Arvay said...

My stars! There is no part of me that has several paragraphs capped off with "And then, it was 7:30 and I was ready to start my day." All that happens to me before 7:30 is wiping drool, rubbing eyes, and drinking tea!

Arvay said...

This heat and humidity thing has just sunk in for me.

Holy crap.

I could not do that. No way. No how. I cannot believe humans can do that and not die. Seriously! I can't even just sit in a chair at those kinds of temperatures without feeling unwell. How can you actually do physical activity?

A said...

I was up at 5:30 for yoga, too! (un)fortunately, it was the best part of my day.

Biting Tongue said...

Good for you, A! Bummer that the rest of your day was downhill. Definitely a risk you run with an AM commitment to take care of yourself.

Biting Tongue said...

Arvay:

You are cracking me up. It's definitely not death inducing. But that first day was supremely uncomfortable. It definitely has become *much* *much* easier over the last 9 days.