August 4, 2011

I have nothing but awe

For full time parents.

It's the end of day 4 of niece week. And I'm nothing short of exhausted.

Between balancing her sleep schedule, her hilarious social schedule (could she be any more of her father's daughter? How does she have more neighborhood friends than we do?), the rocket-building and setting-off schedule (thanks Uncle E) and life...

Well, frankly, I'm having a hard time taking the strong line against her desire to sleep in and miss the first hour of lego camp in the mornings.

Except, of course, that I have to work...

Silly Work.

Did I mention that I adore having her here and thank my lucky stars that her parents let her come?

2 comments:

Arvay said...

I've always thought that women (and men) should feel free to choose whether to work or stay home with the children, that both were perfectly respectable things to do. But now I feel even stronger, in that I think we NEED both working mothers and stay-at-home moms in order to herd and inspire the next generation. Girls growing up seeing their mothers, aunts, neighbors, and adult friends doing a variety of things will see the most options in life for themselves. You and A are lucky to have each other. :)

Biting Tongue said...

Awwww... thanks Arvay.