April 18, 2010

Big Monday

A law suit that was filed by a student group when I was a law student is making its way to the United States Supreme Court for oral arguments tomorrow.

The law -- she is slow, at times. As a student, I had thought this was a cut and dried issue. As a lawyer, several years later, I laugh at my confidence back then. I now know that this issue was a fight waiting to happen, and that anyone with the resources to fight it could have taken the opportunity (as the CLS did) to make it a long, difficult, resource-intensive argument, no matter what the outcome.

It's times like these that I wish I lived in Washington DC. I'd love to be in the courtroom tomorrow and hearing the arguments in person. Some day I'll cross that todo off the list...

2 comments:

A said...

I believe, although I am not certain, that you can find a recording of the oral argument after the fact at oyez.org.

Biting Tongue said...

Thanks A!