July 7, 2008

Vacation Remnants

Today was an easy day at work. I left early, came home and started to attack the to-do list that always seems to be growing.

Safeway somehow managed to fail to sell me half of the groceries I took to the counter (at least they didn't charge me). So, I spent the second half of the evening reconstructing the groceries that I intended to purchase, and how, between unloading the cart and the scanning process, while I was off getting charcoal and lighter fluid for BBQ they did something with them (What would the grocery-man want with my eggs, spaghetti squash, cauliflower, cucumbers, and tomatoes?).

So, I came home and resigned myself to the reality that the Universe did not want me back into the full swing of things.

Instead, I lightly stretched my super-sore legs (21 miles with E2 on Sunday and I'm in *serious* pain!), and finished my latest vacation book (#13):

Skinny Dip

It was like a young adult mystery. I felt as if I were reading a Nancy Drew tale combined with a Sweet Valley High. It was gloriously tantilizing, simple, fast-paced, and sucked me in and away from the mundane realities of my just-back-from-vacation-shock.

All-in-all, I sincerely enjoyed it, and if you are looking for a good beach read, Or just a good hot-weather escape (it's set in Everglades), I highly recommend it to you as well.

No comments: