June 27, 2007

Another Try

Life got in the way of running again and I missed double dipsea for Vancouver. From what I hear, I made the right choice. I donated my number to E2 and she said it was the hardest run she'd ever done in her life. Even if I hadn't taken the opportunity to be lazy, I'd still have been much too out of shape to enjoy it.

But, now there's a new target.

The 2nd half of the San Francisco Marathon.

I just put all of my training runs into my calendar up to and including race day. 4 weeks. Each week with 2 shorts, 1 medium, 1 long and a speed day plus a of bike riding with E to prep for Tour de Peninsula and at least one hour of yoga in the evening.

And, of course, work is crazy right now. So sticking to this plan will be a big challenge. I'm going to have to try very hard to balance life, work, and running over the next 4 weeks.

Say it with me now... "No matter how tired I am, I will run *before* work."

*BEFORE*

Because if there's one thing I've learned in my half-year as a lawyer, it's that when work gets crazy, the evening plans are bound to suffer.

No comments: