February 21, 2004

You Must Be Kidding

I'm so frustrated with everything. I was speeding through life at a million miles a minute to finish everything on my list this past week. Despite being very proud of myself for getting the majority of it done...

I forgot one, small thing -- a very necessary form for financial aid was due this week. I received a grant from the school for this year and it made the finances of being in school much more doable. Now, because of my failure to get the form in on time, it is very likely that I'm too far back in the line to get the grant next year. Add the increase in tuition and you've got one annoyed BT.

I was so focused on working out to stay sane, my classes, reading, and moot court brief. You know, all the stuff that's supposed to be important. But, in reality, I should have had just a bit more attention for administrative tasks, seeing as how my mistake probably cost me about $10,000. The form took 30 seconds to fill out. In other words, the mistake was worthy of an hourly rate of about $1.2M. You'd think I'd make sure that was pretty high on the to-do list...

In other news, no doctors have called with urgent requests for appointments so I guess that means my head check came back relatively normal. I haven't lost all perspective. I AM very glad for that.

Oh, and in a surprise to both E, who's a southerner, and myself, who's a 5th generation Californian, I'm 75% dixie. E's only 65%. Go figure.

Off to put some miles on my running shoes before buckling down for a day of moot court and reading...

No comments: